We believe that students need to feel ready when they walk into their examinations. CapstoneCore offers top-quality online test preparation courses for students to increase their scores and their confidence for college applications.
CapstoneCore SMART Learning Solution
SAT and ACT Prep. Solutions
Our online SAT and ACT test preparation courses are built on a solid instructional design that focuses on both the acquisition and retention of knowledge.
- An in-depth course for each subject area of the SAT and Act Assessments
- Structured curriculum that addresses the topics covered on the assessments
- Integrated assessments that allow learners to move past content they have already mastered
Our customizable practice and preparation solution gives students the opportunity to test their knowledge on practice SAT and ACT questions.
- A large bank of practice items aligned to the topics covered on the SAT and ACT Assessments
- Test-taking strategy guides and videos for each subject area of both tests
- Built-in lessons to review tested concepts
TOEFL Prep. Solutions
Recognized by more than 10,000 colleges and universities, TOEFL is the world’s most popular English language test and an integral part of the admission process to colleges in the United States.
The CapstoneCore TOEFL Preparation course is designed for students who want to prepare for or improve their scores on the iBT TOEFL test. Students will have the opportunity to focus on skills and test-taking strategies for all sections of the test, including reading and listening skills as well as delivering spoken and written responses.
The CaptoneCore TOEFL course is designed to accomplish to prepare our students’ to take the TOEFL examination within 6 months.
Students are expected to read assigned work before each class, and to have their homework finished on time. A significant portion of class time will be devoted to the review of homework, and a student who does not complete his or her homework will inevitably find his or herself unable to comprehend what is being discussed in class. In addition, students are expected to be engaged during class and to treat others with the utmost respect at all times.
BYU Independent Study curriculum Content
- Gain a sound understanding of the components of the TOEFL Test
- Successfully apply language usage and test taking strategies to maximize language performance on each section of the TOEFL Test
- Demonstrate a strong, consistent ability to meet the demands of each section of the TOEFL Test
- The flexibility of online courses enables students to access them when and where they choose
- Online courses can be taken independently or with the instructional assistance and facilitation of a highly qualified CapstoneCore tutor
- With online courses, students can listen to lessons at their own pace
- Lesson content can be “packaged” into manageable amounts reinforcing greater comprehension and connections to prior learning
- Online courses allow for acceleration, reinforcement of classroom studies, credit recovery